These are the guidelines for the safe handling of pets at Heads and Tails Prof. Dog Grooming.
We have lightened up the procedures for COVID 19 Guidelines now that all of our staff and many of our clients are vaccinated.
We do still ask that you wear a mask when entering our storefront.
We are still not taking walk ins and ask that you call to schedule our services, we will do our best to accomodate your schedule.
We are giving change so have eliminated the need for exact change and you no longer need to put money in a baggie or envelope.
1. When booking your appointment, we will ask if anyone in the household/sheltering in place where the pet resides is or has been ill or hospitalized within the past 3 weeks. If so, please schedule your pet far enough out for us to handle safely.
2. We will be triaging pets. We will be calling clients that were first canceled in the order that we had to cancel due to the government mandate. We will be taking into consideration also the following conditions
a. Pets that need regular bathing for skin issues
b. Higher maintenance pets
c. Pets that regularly scheduled weekly, biweekly and monthly
3. We will not be able to take any pet that requires 2 or more groomers to handle as we would not be able to keep the 6” social distancing required. For those clients we will ask you to call your veterinarian for grooming. We will not be grooming any cats during this time.
4. We will not be taking any Walk-in Appointments. All services will require an appointment so we can disinfect between arrivals and departures.
5. Appointment times and pick up times will be definite. We will only be allowing one person at a time in the front room to drop off. We will have crates and a pen in the front room. Please put your pet in either. Please take any collars and leashes with you. Once you leave, we will come out and get your pet and disinfect for the next client. We will be giving out drop off times at least 15 minutes apart. Please try to adhere to your time to alleviate congestion in the parking lot. Pick ups will be handled in a similar fashion.
6. Masks must always be worn while in the building.
7. Payments. We will give you the amount owed when we call you to let you know when to pick up your pet. We cannot give change at this time so please have cash or check written for the amount due. We will have a basket set out for payments. If paying in cash, please put it in a plastic ziplock bag and include your name and pet’s name. This will eliminate confusion on our part.
· We will as always reserve the right to clip your pet shorter than usual if we feel it is in the pet’s best interest. If your pet has become more tangled or matted to be brushed out without causing the animal discomfort, we will be taking it shorter. You will be notified prior but under no circumstances will we cause pain or injury to an animal due to neglect of its coat.
1. All employees will maintain a safe distance and wear a mask while in the building.
2. All Employees will wash hands upon arriving for their shift.
3. All Employees will wash hands before and after dealing with clients.
4. All Clothing/Aprons will be wiped down or sprayed with disinfectant immediately after taking in an animal.
5. Pets will be taken immediately to the tub for bathing upon arrival. If they are severely matted they will be shaved in the bathtub.
6. Only 1 employee will handle the front desk/room per day. They will disinfect computer, keyboard, phone, money, checks etc. at the end of the day.
7. No touch Payments. There will be a basket for clients to put payments in. Cash and checks are to be exact. Cash should be in a plastic bag with owner and pet’s name included. No change is to be given. All cash and checks will be disinfected under UV light at the end of the day.
8. Front room will be monitored by groomers during drop off and pick up times. The groomer scheduled to groom a dog will go retrieve the dog to take to the tub. The person scheduled to handle the front room will then wipe crate or pen with disinfectant to be ready for next pet. There should be at least 10-minute time frame after the client leaves and the groomer gets the dog. This will allow for any possible virus drop lets to fall. The same time limit should be observed during pick up times as well.
9. Slip leads will be disinfected between uses. Either by washing, spraying or UV light.
10. The front door will be locked at all time when drop off and pickups are not happening.
11. If a client forgets and leaves a collar or leash on their pet it is to be put in a plastic bag and returned when they pick up their pet.
Heads and Tails Prof Dog Grooming, Inc.
7787 Oswego Rd.
Liverpool, NY 13090